Over the past 12 months the CCG and York Hospital have been redesigning the local musculoskeletal (MSK) service. This has been a collaborative process with CCG staff, GPs, MSK clinical and administrative staff, orthopaedic surgeons and radiologists.
This collaborative approach takes into account the whole patient experience and offers advice and support to local patients.
There is a new MSK website that has been developed to promote patient self-management, provide advice, lifestyle information and exercises which can be accessed here: www.yourphysio.org.uk
The website will serve as a useful resource for both GPs and patients.
- Inform, support, and promote good MSK health;
- Be the first port of call for patients and GPs in the management of MSK conditions;
- Support the early management of new MSK conditions;
- Provide advice and exercises for acute low back pain, and new soft tissue injuries;
- Support GPs to make a diagnosis utilising standardised information and management advice for over 40 common MSK conditions;
- Move the MSK public health agenda to the foreground with information on lifestyle, occupational health, mental health, exercises as well as links to appropriate local resources;
- Be the new point of access for self-referral.
If you have just been referred to the MSK CATT service for a Musculoskeletal condition, then you may find the Patient Leaflet below helpful.